If you installed your windows 8 with recommended settings, automatic updates will be switched on by default. If you don’t like your windows to install updates automatically then you are on the right place. In this post you will learn how to turn off automatic updates on windows 8.
Turning Off Automatic Updates On Windows 8
Follow the step by step guide to learn how to turn off automatic updates on windows 8.
- Move your mouse pointer to the right-hand edge of your desktop screen to open the Charms Bar.
- Click on Settings from the Charms Bar.
- Click on Control Panel.
- You will see one of these two screens depending on at what style you are viewing.
- If you are seeing the first screen, click on System And Security Settings then click Windows Update. Or if you are seeing the second screen, just locate and click on Windows Update link.
- Once you get into the windows update section. Click Change Setting from the left side of the screen.
- Click on the drop dawn menu and select one of the options given there. It depends on what option you prefer. If you want to stop windows to installing and downloading automatic updates, click on Never Check For Updates and click OK. You can also go for any other option if your preference is different.